Microdermabrasion Treatment in Pasadena, MD
Commonly referred to as the "lunchtime facelift," microdermabrasion offers a quick and cost-effective solution to restoring the youthful appearance of skin. This unique skin procedure is used to improve uneven skin color and reduce fine lines that form with age and exposure to the sun .
The microdermabrasion approach is entirely non-invasive, which means the end result is accomplished without the use of needles or other surgical procedures. The procedure is typically pain-free and does not require the use of anesthetics. It is also a much gentler approach to medical-grade exfoliation than traditional dermabrasion. And because it does not rely on chemicals or focused light, the treatment works equally well with all skin types or complexions.
In short, microdermabrasion can be a quick and simple way to rejuvenate the skin, and can improve uneven skin tone or brown spots on the face, chest, neck, arms, or hands.
Benefits and Results
- By removing dead skin cells, microdermabrasion exposes the healthy skin layers beneath giving your skin a soft feel and vibrant glow.
- Lifting away damaged skin, microdermabrasion smoothes away fine lines and uneven skin texture.
- Micro-crystals used in the microdermabrasion procedure can blend away brown spots.
- Suction opens the pores and helps to remove clogs that lead to acne .
- As the medical-grade exfoliation lifts away dead skin cells, it additionally works to stimulate the body's natural collagen production, resulting in firmer, plumper skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to prepare for a microdermabrasion procedure?
Patients should avoid tanning and tanning creams for about 7 days before the procedure. Do not use exfoliating creams 3 days prior to your appointment.
What occurs during the microdermabrasion procedure?
- Medical professional goes over the treatment area with a small wand that scours the top layer of skin by spraying it with a fresh supply of micro-fine aluminum oxide crystals.
- The scouring is complemented by a vacuum suction that lifts away the top layer of dead skin cells. This feature of the treatment also serves to pull healthier tissue to the surface.
- Each microdermabrasion session is generally followed by a second skin cleansing to further open the pores and remove any remaining dry skin.
How long does microdermabrasion take?
The procedure can be performed within the span of an afternoon lunch break.
Is there any down time?
You can typically return to your daily life immediately following the treatment.
Can I continue to use skin care products after the procedure?
It is recommended that clients protect their skin with a combination of moisturizers and sunscreens for a few days following the visit. It is okay to apply makeup the day after.
How often can I have a microdermabrasion performed?
Treatments can be repeated once a week or once a month for as long as the client wishes.
Are there any side effects?
The side effects of microdermabrasion may include a slight redness, similar to a mild sunburn , which often dissipates within 24 hours.
A Better You MediSpa & Wellness
Address525 Main Street
Laurel, MD 20707
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Areas We Service:Odenton, MD, Fort Meade, MD, Annapolis, MD, Arnold, MD, Crofton, MD, Glen Burnie, MD, Millersville, MD, Pasadena, MD, Severna Park, MD, Baltimore, MD, Columbia, MD, Ellicott City, MD, Gaithersburg, MD, Bowie, MD