Acne Scar Treatment in Deltona, FL
When acne develops, pores in the skin become blocked with oil. Bacteria begin to grow in the pore, and acne (also called pimples, zits or breakouts) can develop. Acne can be mild or severe and may cause scarring if pimples are squeezed repetitively. In fact, some experts don't believe that the acne itself is the cause of scarring, but that continuing to pick at a spot once it has been “popped” or drained is more to blame.
Acne scars can take many shapes and cause the skin to look rough, bumpy or discolored. Not every person who has acne will scar. Scarring is related to how your body responds to inflammation, and even people with severe acne may not scar depending on their body's unique makeup. For most people, acne scars can't be completely eliminated with acne scar treatment, but most can be smoothed and their appearance lessened.
Find the most effective acne scar treatment for your skin. Call (407) 456-8082 or contact Dr. Asim Rahman online.
Types of Acne Scar Treatment
The best defense against acne scars is to effectively treat the acne itself. Begin by addressing your diet and identifying any hormonal imbalances as this can often attribute to the proliferation of acne. Once the acne is under control, you have a variety of options to help manage scars. The effectiveness of acne scar treatment will vary widely depending on the severity of the scars, the procedure used, and the skill level of the health care provider. Often, many acne scar treatments are used together for maximum effect.
Some of the most common acne scar treatments include:
- Microneedling: Tiny needles puncture the skin to create controlled injury. This stimulates the body's own healing and collagen production to eliminate acne scars.
- Laser therapy: Lasers remove the top layer of skin so new skin can form. Laser treatments are performed under local anesthesia to numb the skin. Laser treatments have shown promise in treating acne.
- Dermabrasion: A rapidly spinning wheel made of diamond, wire or sandpaper removes the skin's surface and smooths deeper scars.
- Skin fillers: Filler materials including collagen, fat, silicone or hyaluronic acid are injected with a needle into sunken scars. Fat may be used from another part of the patient's body. The body will absorb most fillers within a year, and the results are not permanent.
- Chemical peels: An acid solution is applied to the skin for varying amounts of time to remove the top layer of skin. Peels can range from mild to very deep and may require extensive monitoring or support by a health care professional. Peeling and pain can be expected.
- Radiofrequency (RF) Technology : A pulse of energy is delivered to the deep layers of skin to stimulate collagen growth. The RF energy is combined with gentle heat to break down scar tissue and smooth out indentions left by acne.
- Topical: Creams, lotions or ointments can be applied to the skin to help improve surface texture.
Request More Information
Find out more about the many acne scar treatment options available today. Call (407) 456-8082 or contact Dr. Asim Rahman online.
Address4749 Hargrave St.
Orlando, FL 32803
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment Only
Sun: By Appointment Only