Wrinkles Treatment in Washington, DC
Wrinkles are a natural part of aging, but can damage confidence and self-esteem nonetheless. Skin naturally sags, stretches and changes with age. But wrinkles, especially in people who are not elderly, can be unsightly and many people choose to seek wrinkle treatment.
If you're concerned about wrinkles, lines, folds or other signs of skin aging, please call (667) 401-4877 or contact Morgan Gale online.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles occur naturally as a part of the aging process, but can stem from or are worsened by a number of other factors. Some of the other causes of wrinkles include:
- Repetitious facial expressions: This is where the terms “laugh lines”, “frown lines” and even “smile lines” stem from. Making the same expression over many years leads temporary wrinkles to expand and become permanent.
- Nutrition: Poor nutrition, especially deydration, can lead to skin damage and the earlier onset of wrinkles in certain areas of the body.
- Smoking: Years of tobacco smoking can lead to wrinkles surrounding the mouth and eyes.
- Sun damage: Exposure to harmful (or even healthy levels of) UV rays causes the skin to show signs of aging, especially in the areas most frequently exposed to the sun such as the face and hands.
While people most often are concerned about facial wrinkles, lines and folds can manifest themselves in a number of other areas. Some common types of wrinkles include:
- Forehead wrinkles
- Eye wrinkles
- Neck wrinkles
- Under-Eye wrinkles
- Lip wrinkles
There are a variety of ways to treat wrinkles. Although wrinkles are themselves a natural part of the aging process, many people prefer a more youthful or wrinkle-free appearance.
In addition to general wrinkle-reduction tips, such as smoking cessation and better sleeping habits, wrinkle treatments include:
- Laser wrinkle reduction
- Skin tightening
- Dermal fillers , such as Restylane and Juvederm
- Injectable wrinkle reducers, such as Botox and Dysport
- Wrinkle creams
- Chemical peels
- Ultrasound therapy, such as Ultherapy
- Radiofrequency technology, such as Profound
- Ozone therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Micro needling
The wrinkle treatment that is right for you depends on the severity and location of your wrinkles. Consulting with a dermatologist or medical professional is the best way to determine a wrinkle treatment course.
Turn Back the Clock
Reducing wrinkles and looking younger is possible! To schedule a skincare consultation, please call (667) 401-4877 or contact Morgan Gale online.
A New You Med Spa
Address134 Holiday Ct
Annapolis, MD 21401
9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment Only