Tattoo Removal in Clifton, NJ
Tattoos are a growing part of popular culture and becoming increasingly prevalent with every year. Regardless, many people experience a deep feeling of regret after receiving a tattoo. Some estimates even state that as high as 50% of people who get a tattoo eventually regret their decision. Thankfully, tattoo removal is an extremely viable treatment.
Schedule tattoo removal today: Call (973) 777-3711 or contact Prevention Clinics online.
What is Tattoo Removal?
A tattoo is a permanent mark or design that is made by placing ink (pigment) underneath the skin's top layer. This is typically done with an electric needle device that makes thousands of tiny, ink-filled punctures under the skin.
There are many different reasons why a person chooses to get a tattoo; because of this, there are just as many, if not more reasons, why a person may seek tattoo removal:
- Tattoo in a compromising area
- Poor tattoo quality
- Professional concerns (tattoo removal for a job)
- Changing tastes and relationships
Most commonly, many people choose to receive a tattoo when they are very young and regret the decision later in life. Thankfully, tattoo removal is a viable, safe and effective option.
How Does Tattoo Removal Work?
Tattoo removal has been improved and refined over the years. Generally, there are two major varieties of tattoo removal:
- Surgical tattoo removal: With surgical tattoo removal, skin grafts and invasive surgery are used to literally remove the tattoo from the body. Because this method is both more painful and more invasive, it has fallen out of favor and is rarely used.
- Laser tattoo removal: Laser tattoo removal utilizes high powered, low-pain lasers to gradually remove a tattoo over the course of several treatments. This is by far the most popular method of tattoo removal.
The lasers utilized for tattoo removal typically operate in short, powerful bursts. These bursts pass through the top layer of your skin and gradually eliminate the pigment. Some amount of pain is normal for a tattoo removal procedure, but it is minimal. Most describe the pain as not more than the snap of a rubber band.
Tattoo removal is typically performed over a series of treatment sessions. The cost of tattoo removal and effectiveness of tattoo removal vary depending on the nature of the tattoo being removed. Tattoos that are intricate or feature many colors are much more difficult to remove, even with laser tattoo removal and may require more sessions than with other tattoos.
Schedule Tattoo Removal Now
No one should have to live with a mistake. Tattoo removal, particularly laser tattoo removal, may allow you to finally be rid of an unwanted tattoo. Schedule tattoo removal today: call (973) 777-3711 or contact Prevention Clinics online.
Address1033 US 46
Clifton, NJ 07013